As the leader of the Finance Team, NAGR’s Bookkeeper will report to the President and assume a supporting role in the management of the Finance department. The Bookkeeper position will have the primary day-to-day responsibility for managing the Finance Department, which handles all financial-related activities of the organization. The Bookkeeper will also propose budgeting and financial plans to the organization’s management, as well as give them regular and accurate financial metrics. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, and maintaining strong relationships with our banks.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization, including weekly reporting to the President.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduces new programs and strategies, and advises on regulatory actions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the organization’s management so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of the organization’s activities.
- Manage annual audit and tax work, and coordinate with the outside accounting firm.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory filings including payroll taxes, sales and use tax, and other business registrations.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Significant Bookkeeping experience.
- BS in Accounting or Finance highly desirable.
- Experience with QuickBooks highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential.
- Strong creative problem solving and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Results oriented with a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year